The female body experiences many physical changes over time, particularly after childbirth and during menopause. Some of the most surprising ones happen to bodily areas that we don’t usually talk about.
Most of these changes result in urinary incontinence, pain during intercourse, difficulty achieving orgasm, vaginal dryness, and other frustrating symptoms.
This article will introduce you to FemiLift, MonaLisa Touch, and ThermiVa — three vaginal rejuvenation treatments that are available to Nevada residents to address these issues. Read on to learn more about each treatment so that you can choose the one that’s right for you.
Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments
FemiLift, MonaLisa Touch, and ThermiVa are the most popular vaginal rejuvenation treatments available today. Each one has certain advantages based on your condition and symptoms. Here’s what you need to know about each treatment.
FemiLift uses an FDA-approved Alma CO2 laser that directs thermal energy via a 360-degree rotating probe. This thermal energy stimulates the rejuvenation of your vaginal mucosa, which in turn improves lubrication in the vagina. This treatment lasts about 15 minutes.
MonaLisa Touch is laser therapy designed for vaginal health care and vaginal dysfunction prevention, including vaginal atrophy. It requires no surgery, medications, or inpatient care. The treatment involves a CO2 laser instead of heat, and also lasts about 15 minutes.
ThermiVa is a fast, non-invasive treatment that uses a specially designed handpiece to direct radiofrequency energy to vaginal wall cells to heat tissue and stimulate healthy regrowth. The procedure is nonablative, which means that no tissue is destroyed during the procedure. This minimizes the risk of injury, soreness, and scarring.
FemiLift vs. MonaLisa Touch vs. ThermiVa: Similarities and Differences
FemiLift, MonaLisa Touch, and ThermiVa are very beneficial to women experiencing vaginal dysfunction and are relatively similar in several ways. All three procedures:
- Are generally performed in a private office rather than in a hospital.
- Have short recovery times — you can resume your normal activities, including sexual intercourse, on the same day of the procedure.
- Do not require anesthesia.
- Generate results within one to three sessions.
- Are less expensive than traditional surgical options.
Despite these similarities, there are a few differences among these three vaginal rejuvenation treatments. Here’s a brief look at these differences.
- Versatility. FemiLift can be used to treat specific areas of the vagina, including the vulva, thanks to the Alma CO2 laser device’s adapters. MonaLisa Touch and ThermiVa treatments may not offer the same versatility.
- Technology. All three treatments use potent CO2 laser technology. FemiLift’s is more effective than ThermiVa’s radio frequency (RF) energy, though. Specific information about MonaLisa Touch’s CO2 laser technology isn’t available to properly identify its differences compared to FemiLift and ThermiVa.
- Treatment time. For both FemiLift and MonaLisa Touch, a session lasts about 15 minutes, whereas a ThermiVa session takes 30 minutes to complete.
Choosing the Right Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
If you’re seeking vaginal rejuvenation treatment, here are some tips to help you choose the one that meets your specific needs.
- Note your symptoms. Vaginal rejuvenation treatments are typically designed to address different conditions. So before you choose a particular procedure, talk to your doctor first.
- Self-educate. Researching available treatments, along with their benefits and risks, will help you avoid wasting money or risking your health on the wrong procedure.
- Look for a highly rated vaginal lift doctor near you. Because some procedures require more than one session, choosing a doctor near you can save you a lot of time.
The Nevada Surgery & Cancer Center can help you determine whether FemiLift, ThermiVa, or MonaLisa Touch is the right procedure for you. Our goal is to make each of our patients feel comforted and informed of their future. For more information, contact us today.